Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snack Stadium!

Have you heard about this whole Snack Stadium - or Snackadium - phenomenon? I first saw a few pictures on Pinterest last year and I was intrigued. People had made these elaborate, mammoth football stadiums out of lunch meats and submarine sandwiches. I started heckling my "sister from another mister" Rachel about building one, since she and her hubby are the queen and king of parties and elaborately theme party munchies. She told me no, she would have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the ingredients! You can kind of get where she's coming from when you take a look at the size and scope of some of these suckers.



Source: Huffington Post
So this year when I started seeing these foodie marvels buzzing around Pinterest again...and even making an appearance in my favorite magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, I started bugging the crap out of Rachel again.

I sent her pins.


I emailed her links.

Source: http://20somethingbudget.com/ 
I texted her taunts.


But I think it was the all-out, down-and-dirty, gaunlet-to-the-ground CHALLENGE, accompanied by this image, that finally convinced the party people to give it a shot. I mean, come on. If you can do this, you win. Period. Party King & Queen Forever.


So Rachel started taunting me about this epic Snack Stadium they were building, telling me to prepare to be amazed. These crazy people were up til 3 a.m. working on it the night before the Super Bowl. And when we arrived at their house for the party, we were, indeed, amazed. Good work, Gollahers!!


Cue angels singing.
The football field is a cheesecake. O.M.G.
Ariel view from the Goodyear Blimp. Check out the adorable football-shaped brownie bites their daughter made!
Look at the cute little goalposts made of bendy straws!
Dips and condiments served separately
The Gollaher gang once again proved they are the party masters. And this Snack Stadium didn't break the bank! It doesn't have to be expensive cold cuts and cheeses and craziness to be impressive. I told Rachel we need to go into business together to build and sell Snack Stadiums next year for Super Bowl. (She thinks I'm kidding but I'm kinda not.)

So, what impressive snack stuffs did you have for Super Bowl??

No comments:

Post a Comment