Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It's the little things

Last week, after two days with no Internet at home (first world problems) waiting for a Time Warner service man to come to the house and it still not being fixed when he left, I dug deep to find my inner geek and headed out to Best Buy in search of a new modem and some home networking advice.

I met the most awesomely helpful little dude at Best Buy who convinced me to try just one more signal booster to go with my new modem and the new wireless router I bought a couple months back. I went home with all my *expensive* new toys and set about trying to figure out how to hook it all up by myself without going on a shooting spree.

The dogs were there for moral support, but as usual were otherwise completely useless. I've got to say, the most painful part of the whole process was sitting on hold with Time Warner for nearly an hour. If you know me, you know that patience is NOT my strong suit. The Big Guy came home in the middle of the adventure and he made me look like Job in that department. But I got the new modem all hooked up and we were back in business. So I let the Big Guy take over and set up the booster. Within minutes I was standing in the middle of my family room with full wifi bars showing on iPad and iPhone.


The Big Guy got quite a kick out of my extreme happy dance. But come on, this was SIX YEARS in the making! So the moral of the story is...don't give up. Dig deep and find that inner determination to fix that one little thing that's been making life more difficult for you. Sometimes it's not really as scary as you've convinced yourself it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment